Finding Love During Lock Down? You might be under Lock down but your heart is not!
Hey my single people! How are you surviving the loneliness during this lock down? It certainly cannot be easy, but I come bearing good news, it’s not all bad trust me. What I’m I talking about?
Online dating! You can still be in pursuit of love after all. Apparently Tinder is seeing such a huge spark now and I’m sure this remains the same of a lot of other dating apps. This means you are not the only lonely one! Mean I know, I’m just joking. On a serious note though, never has there been a perfect time to test your dating skills and hopefully find love whilst you are still at it.
Hear it from a dating coach, a big part of dating from now will happen on line, so you my friend might as well get on with the times. I wasn’t surprised to hear of the increase in divorce application from China though, with people forced to face their emotions, fears and partners, there is a lot of issues that will force people to want out. Why I’m I telling you this? Don’t you see it? This means more single people and more singles particularly on the dating apps. Great news right? Hahaha
…So you’re probably asking where to start? What to look out for? What to say? I’ve got you. This isolation can trigger different things for different people but what I like is that it’s forcing the level of intimacy we could never get in a bar with loud music in the background, where you can barely hear each other. Instead, you get to have dates online, with people in their bedrooms or kitchen, giving you a real sense of who they are without all these distractions.
With people working from home and some not even working means conversations will be stripped to bare, the pressure to meet will also be off and people have to bring their real personality to the stage. Plus this is also a good thing for your pocket, connecting with people remotely can save you money, not paying for meals, dates, gift etc.
Now that you are feeling optimistic about this online dating, how do you know who to entertain and what to look out for?
Well first, do not limit yourself and don’t be exclusively chatting. Put yourself out there and get to know people, apparently people chat with an average of 5 people online. So you will get to know more people than you would have ordinarily plus you will get to choose who is for you with great comparison.
Here are some of the things to help you decide if someone likes you or not on line and if they are actually worth taking seriously:
- They give a great balance of positive and negative interaction. Let’s be realistic, no one is always positive 24hrs a day , so it’s expected that someone can have a bad day but generally you want to look out for someone who gives more positive interactions than negative.
- You want to look out for someone who is consistent. They must be consistent in making time to chat, in checking up, in what they say and how they treat you. If someone only chats with you every other 5 days during this lock down, then baby they are not invested in this.
- You want someone who asks you questions about yourself because this means that they are truly interested in getting to know you.
- You also want someone who opens up about themselves. Dating is two way game, no one should participate alone.
- Look out for the emotional connection over physical connections during this time. Besides, you can’t even get physical even if you wanted, unless you plan on breaking the law and possibly getting arrested?
How to make online dating fun?
This is certainly the time to get creative and use the internet to get you going. Here are some of my ideas:
- Order the same meals from the same place for home delivery, hopefully get them at the same time…this will feel like you are on a date together.
- Watch a movie together, Netflix party allows you to stream so use it and you can still see each other and talk.
- Video call to cook. Exercise or read together.
- Don’t forget phone calls, it will be very important build a strong attraction and connection during the lock down.
Now that you are feeling confident, go out there and get dating! Don’t be alone and miserable when you can be making friends all over the world while you are keeping safe at home.